You're not alone

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

bwe

Gidgin, Nida
Laughing cuties
Michac and Me
Children of the Village Bwe
Michac
Feet :)
First things first, a hola back to those who commented on my last post(and a big thank you for those who have commented in the past)
Peridot (G+P) - Thank you for the comment :) I had a native dress made out of a neutral pattern, I'll show you when I can style my hair and make myself look pretty.
Lyndee - you are so wonderful! Thanks for being someone I can talk to :) You are beautiful too!(if not more)
Emry - Thank you for commenting. I've enjoyed this trip, but ready to return to my home
Twigs Can Fly - thank you for the lovely compliment. This is my second time visiting Congo. I hope to come back in August.
princess.smile - Thank you! I hope you are well :)

Yesterday we stopped by the nearby village, Bwe. My father is working with alternative energy as part of his humanitarian efforts. He was doing a Demo with the Chief, Michael. I had waited all week to see my little friend, Michac.
Last year when I visited he stole my heart. I was taking photos and he was the one closets to me, I tried to get him to sit on my lap and he shied away. The other kids got mad at him and tried to get him to do it, but he would just shake his head and laugh. I still have the pictures of him, and honestly I couldn't forget his face. So when we visited the village the first time(last week) and he wasn't there, I was a sad.
Well the next morning, while I slept in, my mom took my camera. She shot some pictures of the village, and when I was going through them I saw him! Later that day the Chief was traveling around with us, I asked him what the little boys name was. I even saw Michac run out as our car drove back to Kinshasa for the weekend.
Yesterday was my last chance to get a photo with him.. and when I asked where he was, as we were leaving, they said he was going to get water! I didn't want to go back to our camp(they were going to have a meeting = nothing for me to do) so I asked if I could stay in the village and just play with the kids.
Michac finally showed up, everyone yelled to him that I wanted to see him. And...he wouldn't smile for me! Ha ha. I got a few of his cute smile. But that is why I have so many pictures of him. I don't know why, but this little boy makes me feel so happy inside! If he didn't have parents, I'd consider finding a way to adopt him. I know that sounds like a very extreme thing, and no way would I be able to adopt him(its so hard to do it. there are two kids being adopted from here, they've been working on it for two years. They are bro/sis 14/16).
Why does my heart feel that way? I don't know. And there are so many cute kids out here. But for some reason, from the first time I met him, I just adore him.

Today I played soccer(football) with some of the boys that live a the Villa in the City. It was very tiring! But it felt so good to workout. I also went running yesterday morning while my Mom and another American visiting walked. It just feels good to get my heart going. When you drive in cars all day(traffic has been so bad because of the holiday), it feels good to get the legs moving. I'm even sore.

Today is a holiday out her, celebrating 50 years of freedom from Belgium.

Some african man, Antione, just told me he loves me. That is a negative thing about being here. I'm some little white girl, and the men/boys like to tell me I'm beautiful. But its creepy. I can't explain. That boy, antione, was also just sitting next to me watching me type...i'm like...space please??

Ha ha. Whatev. P misses me, I've been able to talk to him through facebook or on the phone. I asked him if he missed hanging out with me "Yes! I sit home bored." :)

Loves!!!

9 comments:

Emry said...

Lovely pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

Awwh it's so cute p misses you! He probably just can't wait to hold you in his arm!!! I loved the pictures of all those beautiful kids they look so happy! I hope your doing tons of fun things and having the time of your life!!! I miss you!
stAy stroNg!
xoxo lyndee

Kelly said...

thanks for sharing the pictures!! they are beautiful & looks like an amazing experience.

Hope you have a safe trip home.

Spacecadet18 said...

Aww. When my best friend did her missions trip down there, I did the same thing! Just sat at home bored. The photos are lovely, as are you. It's so awesome to see them and to know that there's tangible evidence that Africa exists! If that makes sense. You look very happy. Take care! Be safe.
~Maria

Princess.Smile said...

omg that looks so awesome! I'd love to do something like that, maybe in summer break next year, altho id have no idea how to go about arranging it!

& I am well thanks, Im back again with my old blog back up, but writing about different things haha, hope things have been good with you? x

Anonymous said...

What an incredibly awesome experience! Those children are just the cutest.

Ana's Girl said...

Aww! Such cute pictures! I'm so glad to hear you're having such a fun time. :)

Matilda Bonnet said...

Lovely kids!! :) It's so awesome what you're doing there! Proud of you. Stay strong!

Sottile said...

Those kids are so cute and they look so happy! I hope you are having a wonderful time :)