You're not alone

Monday, March 18, 2013

I'm glad you are still doin hair

I had a client tell me "I'm glad you are still doing hair" as he left the salon. I forget that people appreciate me. Not just family or the husband. But coworkers, clients, acquaintances. I know I make it pretty hard for people to appreciate me. I am not always the most patient. Not am I very open.

I have a hard time trusting people. And this is not something I suddenly have a problem with, it's been the last 4 years. Do people have a hidden agenda? Why aren't they giving more effort to the relationship? Etc. I set expectations on people, sometimes realistic, other times not. There are some people that I feel accept what I have to say without judgement. There are others who I know try to listen with open ears, but judge.

And I don't blame them.

I do that myself.

Why do I create walls?





1 comment:

Peridot (G+P) said...

OF COURSE they appreciate you! A good hairdresser is hard to find and once you find one, you love them and cherish them.

Maybe you create walls to keep yourself from getting hurt? They also hold the goodies out with the baddies :(

Love you <3