You're not alone

Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Week 4 of weight lifting

 How to stay motivated in new fitness routine 

I have finished reading “The Slight Edge” and just started “Atomic Habits.” These books and what they cover are helping me stay motivated. 

Even with all the travel I have on the books for this month, I’ve made sure to use weights at least twice a week. And, when weights were not fully available
I completed body weight exercises. 

I’ve been sticking with my daily movement goals of walking/steps. There was only 1 day in the past 2 weeks that i haven’t met it. (And that is ok because im not getting obsessive over it)

The first 30-45 days of introducing weights is hard because that is how long it takes for muscles to develop. The other hard part is your body composition is changing and the weight on the scale fluctuates. 

Weight loss: I’m down 3.5 pounds. I would have hoped for a little more but thats where building muscle can make the weight on a scale confusing. 

This weekend i’ll take some progress pics and body measurements as that’s usually a better way to track and monitor progress. 

No comments: